Monday, November 8, 2010

Uptown Girl Cuteapoloza

So this weekend I taught a class on how to make this darling little coat for your favorite little girl.



This coat is especially cute because it happens to be reversible!



I used the Uptown Girl pattern from the independent pattern company Make It Perfect which is based out of Victoria Australia. And even though we had some issues getting the pattern at wholesale costs, it was totally worth it cause their patterns are so so so so so absolutely adorable.


I had 7 students show up for my class and I was a bit nervous because 2 of them were Ann Silva’s employees and I didn’t want to mess up in front of them and have them report back to the boss that I was a terrible teacher.
Talk about stress.
But the class went really smoothly and I had no reason to worry.


A couple students finished their project and everyone else came really close to finishing (a small victory in sewing teacher land) and, as you can imagine, all the coats were simply adorable.

~Warning~


Now prepare yourself because what you are about to see is so cute it may actually cause the immediate desire to start reproducing. I can not be responsible for any uncontrollable urges you may have, so if in 9 months you find a small screaming blob hanging onto you, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Here are a few of the coats:

 


I can't get over the little froggies.


Or the Kitties!  LOVE EM!

This is Cheryle's project:


She has come to several of my classes and is one of my A+++++++++ Students.

You can see more of her great work here:



What fun we had!  I would have taken more pictures, but again, I'm still working on the whole photojournalism skill.

Happy Cute Jacket Making
~Melisa & Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment