Thursday, January 6, 2011

ETA Challenge—Garment Numero Uno.

You may recall that I have agreed to participate in a sewing challenge where I am headed to a beach wedding and need 3 outfits made of supplied fabric.
Well I have practically completed my first garment and it looks a little something like this.



I cut the crepe fabric on the bias so it would drape nicely and form this cute little cowl neckline. Cause I love me a cowl neckline, especially when paired with a high waisted pencil skirt with a wide belt. But I’m getting ahead of myself.



This shirt has magical abilities because it can also look like this:



Which is convenient because one of my garments has to be reversible, so this little top helps me satisfy one of the rules.
 Sweet!



I’d like to point out that Cordelia has a larger chest than I do and thus the floral fabric does not grin through when I wear the shirt.

At least I don’t think it does.
Does it?
Yes?
No?
I didn’t think so.
Now I'm not so sure.
Would someone please come over and look at me wearing the shirt to confirm there is no grin trough?
Thank you.
I appreciate the help.

I also need one garment that will be worn with every outfit and so far this top is in the running for that position too.
The lucky little duck.

Good thing this is all hypothetical cause otherwise this blouse would be really foul by the end of the trip.

It’s a mathematical certainty.

Beach= heat= sweating (not a single natural fiber in the garment)ⁿ =
stinky shirt
 Multiplied by 3 days = toxic.
I’m talking call WHIPP cause we have some nuclear waist to dispose of toxic.

Um,yeah.

Moving on.

The floral fabric refused to drape quite as well as I wanted so I made a little pocket and filled it with nickels to weigh the neckline down.


I’ve got about 20 cents in there.
Lets hope they don’t clink against each other as I’m on stage modeling.
That could be awkward. Just picture this situation,

Well first, you need to remember I’m always extremely uncouth while on stage as made evident here:



Really?!?!
 What was I doing with my wrists?

Back to the imaginary scenario:

Judge: “Um, do you know your boobs are making noise?”

Melisa: “Oh no, no. It’s just my shirt, I designed it that way. I thought the noise would make it a little more….festive.”

Judge: “Right.” Silently deducts about 60 points from my score cause she’s convinced I’ve got a few loose bolts.

Well that’s garment numero uno. Check back tomorrow and hopefully I’ll have my second garment at a semi-finished stage!



Until Next Time
~Melisa & Cordelia


No comments:

Post a Comment