Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lauren Gets A New Coat.

As some of you may have heard, The Brother Hart is getting hitched.
 As you may have also heard, the wedding is to take place at Lake Tahoe in April, which means we can expect cold, snowy, wintry blizzard-like conditions.

And so The Future Sister-in-law Hart has asked me to make her a coat to wear over her wedding dress.

Naturally, I said yes cause I love making coats.

We started our coating adventure when we went fabric shopping in San Francisco.

Hello Britex (amazing fabric store)!
You are the love of my life (except for maybe my glorious new cutting table).

Lauren picked out this lush, divine, scrumptious, yummy white wool fabric which happens to be a remnant from our good friend Giorgio Armani.


I know this because it’s printed right on the salvage.



Well I cut the fabric up,



 sewed a few seams and now the coat looks like this.



Don’t worry, it’s supposed to have only one arm.

Lauren was involved in the same tragic synchronized swimming accident as Alex and they both lost their arms.
Crazy.
I know.



Just kidding!

Both Lauren and Alex are happy owners of two arms.

It’s just easier to make sure I’ve got the armhole fit correct when no sleeve is getting in the way.

Now the final coat is going to have some super cool, amazing, beautiful detailing that I’m not going to show you yet because A. I don’t know if Lauren wants to keep it secret or not, and B. I haven’t quite decided what it will be yet, but I can tell you that this might possibly be the single most stunning thing I have made to date.

Except maybe for Rosie's Wedding Dress.
That thing's a beaut.




Try to stay warm,
~Melisa & Cordelia


No comments:

Post a Comment