Friday, May 6, 2011

Girly Summer Skirt

Hello My Name is Melisa.
I like to sew and somehow Pink! has become my new favorite color.
Why?!
How?!
When did that happen?!

I wish I could tell ya, but I just don’t know.
What I do know is that my last several projects have been, well, pink.


So here’s one more for you to check out.



This skirt is my own design and is made of a self drafted pattern.

I gave it an a-line skirt with a fair amount of flair.



I decided to give it a soft little lining and finished the edge with lace I died bright Pink! to match. Actually that’s a lie. I died the pink to match a different project, but I never finished the project so I just happened to have the lace lying around waiting to be used.



I added a high-waisted waistband that curves in the front but is nice and flat in the back to give it a bit of a retro feel.



Um, Cordelia, I don’t mean to criticize, and I think you are absolutely beautiful, but do you think you can loose about 2 inches in the waist. So my stuff will fit on ya? You know, cause you are supposed to be a fit model? Perhaps we can put those inches into your hips? Work on that will ya? Thanks.



Happy Pink! Wearing,
~Melisa & Cordelia


1 comment:

  1. The skirt is absolutely gorgeous! I love the high waist band!

    ReplyDelete