Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Anthro Knock Off Skirt The 2nd

I’ve been doing it again….copying skirts I see on the Anthropology website. I can’t help myself. They have such cute things with such high prices.

This skirt was a breeze to make and, due to 3 layers of elastic, is super comfy to wear.



I usually don’t like myself in elastic waist band skirts because they do funky things to my hips—aka make them look ginormous, but in this case, the wider waistband is quite attractive, at least I think it is.



I added 3 snaps to the front to help secure the elastic in place, but also to keep the skirt from looking too cutesy as skirts made of large floral prints may do.


It also has a front placket which is strictly decorative and would look great with snaps all the way down.  In fact I tried to add snaps all the way down, but my snap tool and I were not getting along and I ruined an entire box of snaps in the process, so I decided the skirt looked great just as it was.
And there you have it, my new all time favorite skirt ever! I’m sure I’m going to add a few more to my wardrobe soon, and I’m hoping to write up a tutorial on how you can make your own!


Happy Skirt Wearing
~Melisa & Cordelia

1 comment: