Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Story of a Dressform Named Weston Part 1

Meet Weston
“Hello Weston!:


“G’Day mate!” says Weston cause he’s super friendly and chatty.

“Te-hehe, giggle giggle, er um giggle giggle” says Cordelia cause she’s never seen a male dressform before and has suddenly become very very shy.
 And pink too.
 Are you blushing Cordelia?

Weston’s the newest member of the Hart Design team and he’s got an extremely interesting past.
 Come gather around as he recounts his adventures.

“So where do you come from Weston?”

"I grew up on my family’s cattle ranch which is nestled in the Australian Outback. As a kid I worked for my dad, and, while I loved the mustering and branding, bull-ridin was my true passion, so the day I turned 18 I ran away and joined the rodeo.”



“Wow, the rodeo! What was that like?”

“At first the rodeo was great.  I guess I have a natural talent cause ‘fore long I had beat out all the old timers and had found myself the top rated cowboy. It got to a point where I just didn’t have any more compotation and the thrill of the rodio was gone for me. That was a dark time. I turned to girls and booze and was living in a back ally.”



“How did you get from an Australian Rodeo slump to Albuquerque, New Mexico?!”

“Well it’s a bit of a long story, but I’ll tell ya if you want to hear it. It all started one day when I was snoozing in a back ally. A burst of wind hit and blew a magazine page into my face. Right on top of my left eye was a picture of a ginermous rabbit with antlers and a cowboy was riding it! I snatched up the article and read all about an amazing critter with a jack rabbit's body and an antelope's antlers that could turn downright vicious when threatened yet sing a gentle tenor along with the best of the campfire cowboys. The article said that to ride a Jackalope is life’s greatest thrill so I knew I had to find me one. The article said the Jackalopet breading grounds was in Grants New Mexico and so it became my obsession to get to Grants so I could snatch up a young Jackalope and train it.”



“Really? A fictional character, the Jackalope, brought you to NM?”

“Well I didn’t know he wasn’t real. I just knew I needed to find something new and exciting to ride.”



“OK, so you’re broke, living in an ally with a strong desire to see a jackalope. How did you make it to the states?”

“Well first I asked my daddy if he would help me out, but Daddy was sore that I wouldn’t come home to take over managin’ the station, or ranch as you Americans call it, so he refused to lend me the cash. Turns out I had a buddy down in Sidney who got a job on a freight boat headed to Los Angeles so I bummed a ride with him. Only a big storm hit and capsized the boat before it ever made it to LA.”


"Oh NO! The ship sunk?"
"How did you survive?"
"How did you make it to NM?"

Check back tomorrow to hear the exciting conclusin to Weston's adventure.


Happy Sewing
~Melisa & Cordelia



No comments:

Post a Comment