Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cordelia goes on a not date, date dress


This weekend Cordelia decided she needed a new dress to wear to dinner with Weston. She wanted something cute and sassy, but casual enough to wear on her not date, date.


 
What?
Can someone please tell me what a not date date is?
Being stuck in the middle of the romantic world of dressforms is like being back in middle school.


Because I have been dreaming of a similar dress I agreed to make it.
 For myself.
With intentions of letting Cordelia borrow it for an evening.
One evening I said and then I wanted the dress back.
But do you think she has given it back?
Not yet!

I used some Amy Butler fabric I had on hand and a modified vintage pattern.


I intended to face the bodice out of the same fabric, but I didn’t have enough so I had to use a contrasting fabric. Oh darn. I hate it when you have to use cute contrasting fabric for facings.


Cordelia wanted somewhere to stash her lip-gloss so added inseam pockets, cause pockets rock my world.
Wait a minute.
Cordelia, why are you using lip-gloss when you have no lips?!



The front of the bodice buttons us and I used some old buttons that came from a jeans factory cause I didn’t want the dress to get too girly.

And there you have it, a cute little summer dress to wear while doing summery things!

Happy Dress Wearing
~Melisa, Cordelia & Weston






1 comment: