Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Flower Skirt


I just got this great new skirt pattern in the store so I had to give it a try.

First I went shopping. It was tough to pick my fabrics, but I finally decided to go with a Christmas-ish theme.


Then, with just a little snip snip here and a stitch stitch there, I had 11 bias bound petals.



Throw in a few more snips and stitched and you end up with an adorable little girls skirt!

Adorable I say! Just look at those petals.
How can you NOT love this skirt?
You can’t.


I loved the skirt so much I wanted to put it on display but people get weird when you leave half-clad dress forms laying around the shop so I needed a top to go with it.

After a quick trip to target and a little finagling with ribbon I had this cute Christmas tree blouse.


Put them together and……..


...Wait...





...For...





...It...


 
Voila!

A cute and easy little holiday outfit!
How precious is that?
Sooo precious.

Go make one!
It’s fun.
And, if you need some help, I will be offering the petal skirt class in the New Year!
 Mark your calendars, you’re not gona wana miss this one!

Happy Sewing
~Melisa & Cordelia



2 comments:

  1. Wait, does Cordelia have a little sister? (Her figure is obviously too good for this to be her daughter!) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Cordelia is much too selfish to be a mother so luckely this little thing is her sister she has to put up with.

    ReplyDelete