Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Furniture Redesign


As a new store owner I found myself in desperate need of new furniture, but zero budget to purchase that furniture. Instead of furnishing the store with shiny new items, I dug through my parents’ storage shed and barn and assembled a collection of cast off or neglected furniture, most of which belonged to a grandparent at some time. Most of the furniture was in good shape, but a few of the pieces were in need of a little work. Take this stand for example.



It’s cute, but it was heavily scratched and missing peaces.



So, I took a little bit of Old English Scratch Remover and rubbed it into the wood. Like magic the piece looked instantly new and exciting!



Then I decided I wanted to brighten the piece up a little bit so it would be a better fit in the space. So I found some scraps of fabric, cause this is a fabric store after all, and filled in the doors. Instant pop!



Finally, I found some cute knobs and threw them on.



And Voila, I’ve got a beautiful new piece of furniture.

But then I had to figure out what the heck to do with it…….



It could work as a display for my Christmas fabric, but not really loving it…..



So I moved it around a bit and decided it would look great by my front door and it makes the perfect information station. Now I have a convenient place to stack my class schedules and info about upcoming events! Yay!

Happy redesigning!
Melisa & Cordelia


No comments:

Post a Comment