Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Little Black Dress Class


Confession:

I have been a little behind on making my class samples.

I know it’s hard to believe, but I, Melisa Hart, did not finish my sample for The Little Black Dress class until this weekend.
Woops.
The important thing is that it was finished a good 3 days before the class!



I decided to use the Colette Peony pattern for the class because it is a simple dress that is versatile and easily adapted to challenge more advanced students but simple enough for near beginners.

Personally, I have a handful of Little Black Dresses already, so I decided to use gray linen for my dress.



The dress has a sweet little boat neckline which is flattering to many figures.



It also has these cute little sleeves with just a little bit of gathering. The pattern also comes with an option for a longer sleeve which I love!



But the best part about the dress is that it includes inseam pockets that are great for stashing your keys or lipstick when you wear it to the office Holiday Party.



Yep, I’m officially a fan of this dress!
 I can’t wait to make it up in one of my Moda Cross-weve fabrics. Perhaps a red one? Mmmm. That will be a delicious little number!

If you want to make your very own Peony Dress stop by Stitchology to sign up for the class or to pick up your very own pattern.

Class times are Thursdays December 1st, 8th and 15th from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM

Or

Friday’s December 2nd and 9th from 10AM to 3:30 PM.

We Can’t wait to see you there!

Happy Sewing!
~Melisa & Cordelia


No comments:

Post a Comment